Rainy Lake Tribal Area Business & Financial Services Corporation is an Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI), that provides Treaty #3 First Nations with access to financing for First Nation-owned businesses for start-up or expansion. We also provide related services in the areas of business support, planning, training and management skills development. Our service area includes all of Treaty #3.
Financial assistance may be made available to First Nation individuals and businesses provided that:
- Loan funds are to be used to assist First Nation businesses that can clearly demonstrate in a well documented business plan hat the loan can be repaid
- The management team identified in the business plan has the experience and skills to manage all aspects of the business and its projected growth
- The loan will contribute, either directly or indirectly, to the economic growth and development of the Treaty #3 area
- The loan is not used for the purpose of re-financing existing indebtedness except when the refinancing is incidental to the main purpose of the loan and/or it improves the security position of the Corporation
- The applicant has, or will have, a financial involvement in the project to a degree that is satisfactory to the Corporation, considering the applicant’s own financial position, funding requirements of the project, and assessed risk of the investment